There is a new beta available. Changing the version number to 15 resembles not only the completely different new look due to theme support and new icons, but also the internal changes necessary to make all this work. Hopefully I didn’t break too much.
I am pretty sure all of you already noticed: The current icons in MMX not only look a bit old, they also don’t look well on the Dark Theme. They are not alpha blended and are only available in 16 x 16 pixel size. This may become a problem when the IDE will support High DPI in the future.
Unfortunately the stock icons available in the market simply don’t fit the purpose of most of the individual icons needed, so custom designed icons seem to be mandatory. Well, I for myself am much better at programming than at designing icons. As a consequence I commissioned a professional icon designer to create new icons matching the icon guide lines of the Delphi IDE whenever suitable. The icons will be alpha blended and are provided as PNG in different sizes as well as in SVG format to support higher resolutions when necessary.
You all know that I don’t make any money with MMX. Thus I am not able to cover the cost for this endeavor from my private pockets. At least not completely. Therefore I created a MoneyPool at PayPal to collect some donations from MMX users willing and able to spare some money for this special purpose.
In case you donate: Note that you won’t get anything for your money (aside a better looking MMX). You cannot expect your favorite feature to be prioritized or your personal bug be fixed any sooner. I promise to spend the money for this special purpose and I will close that MoneyPool when the amount needed is reached.
Also I am not looking at the hobby programmer or one man show using MMX (although even those donations are welcome – of course), but I guess there are a couple of companies making some profit out of their heavy use of MMX. Perhaps they can shell out a small amount to help here. In case you are a company willing to spend and have difficulties just giving away money with Paypal, please contact me. I am able to provide a solution for that.
I have been asked several times where people can donate to support the development of MMX. While I am still not planning to accept donations for the time I am going to invest in the development, donating for the icons is a good way to show your gratitude. If you are not a able or willing to donate – that’s OK. Anyway, please consider to spread the word about this.
Many thanks to all that already donated and those who are going to do so.
Users of ModelMaker may appreciate the availability of a Modelmaker IDE Integration Expert for Delphi 10.3 Rio.
Note: ModelMaker is a separate Native Delphi Visual modeling and Refactoring tool based on UML™ 2 technology. Not to be confused with MMX Code Explorer.
The expert requires the latest version 11.11 of ModelMaker with support for Delphi 10.2 Tokyo.
As there is and will be no new version of ModelMaker with direct Delphi 10.3 Rio support, this expert exposes itself as a Delphi 10.2 Tokyo expert. Keep this in mind when you select the Primary IDE to connect with in ModelMaker. In case you have Delphi 10.2 Tokyo and Delphi 10.3 Rio open simultaneously, ModelMaker cannot distinguish those and picks one of them. This is the same as having two instances of Delphi 10.2 Tokyo open at once.ModelMaker IDE Integration Expert
- fix: error when IDE theme was disabled
- fix: error with Delphi 10.2, 10.2.1 and 10.2.2 Tokyo
- fix: convert to resource string ignored character map
- fix: Unit Dependency Analyzer broke when it encountered DEFINE or UNDEFINE directives inside a uses clause
- fix: clicking the ellipsis button inside a path list dialog opened the last path instead of the selected one
- fix: Directives in class declaration are allowed now, although still not evaluated
- Support for Delphi 10.3 Rio
- Dropped support for Delphi versions below Delphi 10 Seattle (use V13.x for those)
- Unit Dependency Analyzer is now dockable (so you can see immediately when you introduce cyclic dependencies)
- New settings page Project Options (currently contains only the setting for Uses Clause Sorting). These settings are stored per project in a separate section of the dproj file.
- Uses Clause Sorting accepts lists like (ToolsApi,DesignIntf) as one group. This only affects grouping, so the order inside this list is not relevant.
- Uses Clause Sorting accepts wildcards like Rz* (for Raize Components) or Id* (for Indy) to better handle non-dotted unit names
- New sorting options “group class members” – keeps the class methods together
- fix: Wrong result when renaming parameter during Extract Method
- fix: Add Local Variable now also works with For-In clause
- fix: Hard coded string scan check for min length works correct now
- fix: Paste Interface in empty class just works now
- fix: Consolidated behavior of selected file in Open/Use Unit dialog
- fix: Creational Wizard follows static/non-static when suggesting destructors
- Reworked the setup to support admin and non-admin installation. (more details)
- fixed DFM incompatibility with Delphi 7
- fixed incompatibilities with Delphi 10.2 Tokyo pre Update 3
- fixed error copying V12 user settings
There is a new bugfix release available for MMX Code Explorer. Users still on Delphi 10.2 Tokyo releases below 10.2.3 having difficulties to install version 14 may give this one a try.MMX Setup